Australian Privacy Principles
- When you complete an entry form to one of its trade promotion lotteries such as "2017 The Great Giveaway Competition" via an social media, marketing or published collateral;
- When it purchases a data list from one of the many commercial list third party providers in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji or South Pacific Region;
- When you attend one of Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific's sales presentations;
- When you apply to be an Owner of WorldMark South Pacific Club;
- When you request information and/or services from WorldMark South Pacific Club or Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific or Lifestyle Solutions ;
- By way of referral from your friends or relatives who attended one of Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific's sales presentations
- By way of referral from your friends or relatives who register for the Lifestyle Solutions website.
The personal information Lifestyle Solutions collects about you is reasonably necessary for one or more of Lifestyle Solutions functions or activities. Information collected may include a combination of your: name, partner's name, address, telephone and/or contact details, financial information, marital status, age or age group, occupation (and duration of employment), combined household income (range), whether you own or rent your home and your personal interests.
Once you enter into one of Lifestyle Solutions trade promotion lottery draws attend one of the Wyndham sales presentations, apply to be an Owner of WorldMark South Pacific Club or apply for finance with Wyndham’s finance company, you are no longer anonymous to us.
A. Direct Marketing
The information Lifestyle Solutions collects from you or about you and for which you have consented to its collection helps us to identify ways that we can continue to provide you with personalized products and services that suit your lifestyle. We use personal information for the following purposes:
- To invite you to attend one of its sales presentations;
- To invite you to stay at one of its resorts and attend a sales presentation while you are there;
- To invite you to take part in any of its special promotions;
- To build a member profile on the Lifestyle Solutions website inclusive of deal preference and demographical information
- To send you marketing communications specifically for you, based on your interaction with Lifestyle Solutions websites and apps, websites and apps that are connected with Lifestyle Solutions deal preference and demographical information.
- To allow you to send messages to a referral through the Lifestyle Solutions website. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our programs, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To allow you to participate in competitions, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. By entering any promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the promoter of the promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion. If you choose to enter a competition, contest or other promotion, personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
B. Lifestyle Solutions by WorldMark membership
The information Lifestyle Solutions collects from you when you become a Lifestyle Solutions member is used for the purpose of providing the member services to you and for allowing you to use other services that you have consented to use and may be used for the following purposes;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters, update your details
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the program or an event that you are attending and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill any purchases or requests for services such as restaurant bookings, holiday requests and to communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you via postal mail, email or telephone.
- To personalize your experience on the program by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
From time to time Lifestyle Solutions may disclose its database information (which may contain one or more pieces of personal information about you) for a fee to list brokers, telemarketing companies, list rental organisations, data entry companies, when it is required to comply with a court/ tribunal order, or related companies such as Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries and any third party that complies with the applicable Australian law when:
- It has your express or implied consent to disclose the information;
- It is necessary to disclose your information to provide the product or service you have requested; or
- It is legally and reasonably obliged to assist or co-operate with agencies performing law enforcement related activities in the performance of their functions; or
- If it's a 'permitted general situation' or 'permitted health situation' as required by the Privacy Act.
In some cases this information will be sent to companies overseas, which are located in jurisdictions such as the United States, India, South Africa or the Philippines.
Any entry forms that you have completed are collected, stored and transported to our data entry centre in secure containers.
The information on the registration forms is then entered into our computer system. Only designated data entry staff have access to the registration forms. Once the data has been entered, the forms are then sent away for storage. The information stored in the computer system is password protected and only our direct marketing staff have access to and use of the information.
Information we have on you through registering for membership to Lifestyle Solutions is entered into our computer system which is password protected, and only our Lifestyle Solutions staff have access to and use of this information.
Information we have on you through the purchase of commercial lists is entered into our computer system, and again this information is password-protected and only limited staff have access to and use of them.
Information obtained when you become an Owner of WorldMark South Pacific Club is entered into a separate proprietary computer system, which is password protected, and only staff who are required to provide the services to you have access to and use of the information.
Information we have on you through referrals is entered into our computer system which is password protected, and only our Lifestyle Solutions staff have access to and use of this information.
Where Lifestyle Solutions has information which is no longer needed, or no longer required to be used under Australian Law, and it is not required by a court /tribunal, then reasonable steps to destroy or de identify the personal information will be taken.
Access to information
If you believe that Lifestyle Solutions is holding personal information about you and you wish to access or correct it, please send a written request to Lifestyle Solutions at the address indicated below. There may be a small charge if the information you requested takes time for us to provide to you or if copies need to be made. While Lifestyle Solutions is happy to assist you within a reasonable period, Lifestyle Solutions has the right to deny your request if it falls within one of the grounds stated in Principle 12 of the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you wish to have your personal information amended or to not receive direct marketing communications from Lifestyle Solutions database, or wish to have your personal information removed from the Lifestyle Solutions database, you may do so by making a written request to Lifestyle Solutions. Lifestyle Solutions has an obligation that all information collected is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant.
If you believe that there may have been possible breaches of your privacy, please write to Lifestyle Solutions at the address indicated below, and Lifestyle Solutions will endeavour to respond to you within 14 days of receipt of your complaint.
Requests, notices and correspondence
Please direct all requests, notices, complaints or correspondence in relation to privacy to:
The Privacy Manager
C/- Customer Care
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific Pty Limited
Gold Coast MC QLD 9726
Or contact via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or via phone:
In Australia – toll free number (1800 021 130)
In New Zealand – toll free number (0800 442 721)
International –number (+61 7 5512 8069)
Any general requests or correspondence may be directed to:
Lifestyle Solutions by WorldMark
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific Pty Limited
Gold Coast MC QLD 9726
Or contact via email on email@example.com.
Or via phone:
In Australia – toll free number (1800 603 686)
In New Zealand – toll free number (0800 442 484)
In Fiji –toll free number (008 002 580)